Temple Solel: Feeling, Caring, Doing – Jewishly
We are a Reform Jewish congregational family, guided by Torah, fostering a lifelong commitment to feeling, caring, and doing Jewishly.
We serve Prince George’s, Anne Arundel and Calvert Counties and the surrounding area, and include over 165 families, ranging from infants to great grandparents: families, singles with and without children, seniors, interfaith families, LGBT families, inter-racial and multi-generational families. We are the First Synagogue in DC and Baltimore Areas to replace traditional dues with a Voluntary Pledge. Click here for information about our Voluntary Commitment. Click here for FAQ’s about our Voluntary Commitment.
On Friday evenings, we come together as a congregation to celebrate Shabbat services, and again on Saturday mornings for Torah Study or at Saturday morning Shabbat services as we celebrate a b’nai mitvah. Our Religious School of over 90 students has a schedule to meet the needs of our busy families of commuters over a wide geographic area. We take pride that virtually all of our Temple Solel Religious School students celebrate their b’nai mitvah and Confirmation. Additionally, we offer many programs including social action, adult education, Israel Committee and ARZA, social activities and holding a community Seder on the second night of Passover. We are more than a place of worship – we are an integral part of our members’ religious and social life.
We achieve this by being a Beit Midrash – A House of Study (Torah – a way of life)
- Providing innovative Jewish educational and cultural activities, both formal and informal, for members of all ages and backgrounds;
Beit T’fillah – A House of Prayer (Avodah – the service of God)
- Establishing a welcoming and inclusive prayer community;
- Developing various forms of worship and observance as a community;
- Promoting personal spiritual growth, guided by Jewish values;
Beit Knesset – A House of Gathering (G’milut Chasadim – acts of love and kindness)
- Developing a strong and vibrant Jewish community through: Being a caring community – supporting each other in joy and in need;
- Outreach to all of our members;
- Creating a network of social activities and events to meet the needs of all age groups in our congregational family;
- Commitment to the ideal of tikkun olam (the repair of the world) – through a program of social action;
- Enhancing the unity of the Jewish people through our link with the State of Israel and Jews worldwide.
Please call the office at 301-249-2424 for information on tickets for Rosh HaShanah and Yom Kippur services.
Beit Knesset – Temple Solel Community Activities
Please see the calendar for upcoming events!
SUKKOT – A -PALOOZA is Sunday, September 23 from 9 am to
2 pm. Sukkah Raising & Decorating. Ruggalah Making. Blood Drive. Sukkot Picnic. Blessing of the Animals.
OCTOBER NIGHT OUT is Monday, October 15 at BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse, 15701 Emerald Way, in the Bowie Town Center from 12 noon to closing. BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse serves pizza, burgers and many more great items. Give the flyer to your server and the Temple will receive 20% of your check for food and soft drink beverages. Click here for flyer.
Complete your online Brit here
If you have children in school, please use the
Religious School Parents’ Form